Saturday, May 24, 2008

MTF - WEEK 10 - CD MANUFACTURE


As I sit here drinking a damn’ fine wine, I ponder on what it takes to get one’s music noticed in this musically super-saturated world. Obviously, I have had (up until now) no bloody idea ‘cos no-one’s ever taken a blind bit of notice of mine… actually, we did chart well locally, I suppose. Perhaps if I had wrapped my CD’s in balloons and launched them at A& R executives they may have attracted some notice. Given my feelings towards the commercial music industry, however, it may have been more appropriate possibly for me to nail my CD’s to bricks and launch them at A & R execs’ heads, oh tut. Anyway, I have investigated further the intricacies of the CD production process and, as a consequence, here is this week’s handy-dandy link so that you can share in my findings (should you be so inclined):

MANUFACTURING PROCESS FOR DATA CD ROM AND AUDIO CD
WRITTEN BY: TERRY MCLEAN; ARTICLE PUBLISHED: YEAR 2006, MONTH 12;


It’s all about fathers, apparently – Freud would have a field day. Really, very interesting and yes, I was one of those who had laboured under the misconception that CD’s were all laser burned, live and learn.

References:

D.Grice, Music Technology Forum Lecture, 20/05/08

T. McLean, e-Tutorial, Manufacturing Process for Data CD Rom and Audio CD,
http://e-articles.info/e/a/title/Manufacturing-process-for-data-CD-ROM-and-audio-CD/, viewed 24/05/08

Multishape CD-Rom, viewed 24/05/08
http://www.multishapecdrom.com/cd_showcase/?case=irr_01

No comments: