Sunday, May 11, 2008

AUDIO STUDIES WEEK 8 PRO TOOLS CONTINUES


As we progress through the course, I find that we are now covering (some) things that I have discovered by accident, necessity and occasionally design by using PT in the studio. Region groups, mix and edit groups being most useful to me so far. Being an organisation- freak, I also found it useful to learn of all the “clean-up” functions available in the region pane. Anything that rationalises the files and streamlines the processor usage can only be a good thing. I’m not entirely sure that I comprehend the function of the playlists as opposed to just setting up more tracks, although Christian did explain the advantages of one technique over the other. It may become apparent when I start to use them. Sadly, I have nothing musical to upload as I’ve re-started my in-class exercise from scratch and my assessment piece not at all. All I can offer is this stupid photo of me circa 1990 which recently came into my possession, have a laugh oh, do.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

NICE PIC!!!! that mohawk is something pretty special right there!!