Sunday, May 4, 2008

AUDIO STUDIES WEEK 7 MORE PRO TOOLS

I’m becoming somewhat more comfortable with the Pro Tools environment and about time, too. What we are currently doing with Pro Tools in Audio Studies is somewhat different to how we use Pro Tools in Sound Engineering Studio but the information is obviously transferable from one subject to the other and I’m finding my SES sessions are proceeding more efficiently now, largely as a result of what I’ve picked up in Audio Studies. I still can’t seem to get any of the class workshops finished on time and, had I realised that the drum sequence that we started in week 4 or whatever was going to form the basis of our in-class project, I would have taken more pains over it because I think it sounds like crap, sadly. However, and on a happier note, I’ve chosen my topic for the major assessment and am looking forward to starting on that (assuming it meets with approval) as soon as possible. I’m also enjoying using the PT effects now that I know how they work and am looking forward to getting stuck into automation soon. I had a go at applying some volume automation to a guide vocal track that I recorded last weekend to see if it was salvageable, and the result looked like a roller coaster and sounded like some mad bugger had applied a hilariously unsubtle LFO to the amplitude which, in retrospect, is probably exactly what actually occurred. HAR!

No comments: