Monday, April 14, 2008

AUDIO STUDIES WEEK 6 PRO-TOOLS SEQUENCING

More Pro-tools theory and practical this week which is OK because I enjoy it even though I feel I’m slow at picking it up. Hopefully, I can get into the audio lab during the break and get up to speed. Like I said before, the theory side doesn’t faze me as much as the practical in this subject which is strange because usually it’s the other way around for me. Anyway, I’ve managed to get several sequences going, but I tend to spend a lot of time working on making them “musical” which perhaps is redundant in terms of getting the exercise done on time? I dunno. I find that working in grid mode seems to be the way to go, at least for these sequencing exercises although I assume that the slip or shuffle modes might be more appropriate when using Pro-tools for live recording. In general, I find the Pro-tools layout sensible, user-friendly and seemingly easy to customise, which is good for people like me who prefer to arrange their working environment in a highly personalised way. Also, the configuration of the time signatures and tempos seems straightforward enough and I’ll be looking forward to playing about with them in due course…

No comments: